KHEL Centre Bihta
The Swami Sahajanand Saraswati KHEL Sikshan Center, is established to rejuvenate the legacy of Swami Sahajanand Saraswati and his Ashram located in Bihta, Patna, Bihar.
Life Skills and ICT
Numeracy and Literacy
Welcome To KHEL center
The Knowledge Hub for Education and Learning (KHEL) center will provide education to the underprivileged communities children who belong to the low income family background. The learning center is based on the KHEL Model of Diksha Foundation.
The motto of the center is that learning is not confined to mere literacy and stress is not only developing the basic literacy and numeracy but also in becoming the responsible citizen of the society through holistic approach. The students will be taught English, Hindi, Maths and Everyday Science and 21st century ICT skills like Khan Academy and communication skills. Along with the learning center ayurvedic medical care will also be provided as part of the project.
Our KHEL Programme aims to provide holistic education to children and youth belonging to socially and economically disadvantaged communities in India. We envision that every child and young person enrolled in our KHEL centre would have the opportunity for holistic education. Each learner would get access to academic opportunities, a chance for social and emotional development, so they become responsible and ethical global citizens. The center is established to provide supplementary education to 250 children and youth from Bihta and nearby Panchayats.
Classroom Teaching Techniques-How is Diksha Learning center different from Schools?
Diksha works with the approach of alternative education. Our non-conventional techniques create more autonomy and freedom for both the learners and the teachers.
Each child is given individual attention, wherein their learning needs and requirements are understood and catered. The curriculum has been made taking into consideration the healthy growth of each child. Diksha’s approach creates space for its students to spend one-on-one time with their teachers, as a result of which, the mentors can pay more attention to the children. The pace at which the world is evolving, experiential learning methods form a crucial part of Diksha’s pedagogical approach, including using teaching-learning materials, Visual learning. The idea is to nurture and nourish creativity in young minds to take on the contemporary world with courage and confidence.
- Usage of technology like KHAN Academy and Google Classrooms
- Peer learning community
- Open house meetings
- Children Parliament
- Telephonic and physical follow-up of children
- Sessions on Life skills
IMPACT CREATED ON GROUND
- Reduced rate of child marriage and dropout rates.
- Awareness on rights and duties, lifeskills.
- Amplifying the process of changing the mindsets of parents in the community.
- Parents Teacher Meeting–Parent-teacher meetings will be organised consistently, where adequate time is given to the guardians to interface with the educators and discuss the ongoing activities and how they can be involved in it.
- Community Visit– Our teachers/facilitators will make weekly visits to the communities from where the students come. Area visits are additionally conducted by a group of teachers, which also includes discussion on issues faced by the community and finding a probable solution to it.
- Annual Events/Celebrations– Parents will be invited to witness the skills/talents their kids possess and feel more attached to the organisation and part of their child’s overall development.
- Tele-Counseling– To remain connected to each other during critical situations, tele-counseling will be done from time to time to update the parents about the students growth and performance.
- Weekly Ayurvedic Health Consultation: We will appoint a doctor who will visit the centre twice a week and will give free health consultation to children and community members.
Child Friendly Education
A child-friendly environment with a low teacher-student ratio (1:30) and using teaching/learning materials like activity books, library books, & flashcards to enhance learning outcomes
Socio Emotional Learning
Every class will have 15 minutes of playtime. In addition, on Sundays, theatre, drama, music, group discussions, quizzes, movie screenings will be organized.
A peer support group comprising volunteers & students of Grade 9 & 10 will participate in self-study & activities happening at the centres. They will act as a resource person for the younger students, who can provide guidance & encouragement instilling confidence in them.
This innovative platform provides students with the opportunity to actively participate in the running of the centre through a democratic process that is above gender, caste, creed. This unique exercise helps root education in the local context & builds appropriate & relevant life skills.
Our aim is to make our centre inclusive by initiating the process of significant behavioural change amongst the educators & children & developing and collective ownership of what goes on in the classrooms, staff room and playground
My Life Mere Faiseley – Life Skills
MLMF is a life skill program to prevent early childhood marriage.It aims to create a space where adolescents & young people can come together to learn about themselves, their aspirations & learn from each other.
A walk through the Gallery!
Let your Imagination Fly
Ethics of Art
Together we learn, Together we grow
Learning is fun
Support us to improve academic learning outcomes in the local student community and enhance ICT adoption amongst the community members and to offer training that links to livelihood creation for youth of the area